Friday, April 23, 2010

Triplets???

As if having a set of twins and a singleton is not enough our family is welcoming a set of triplets- and you guessed it they are all girls. (At least we think!)

Have you passed out yet????

HAHAHA- not human triplets! –DUCKS!

For Easter my brother gave the girls ducks! What seemed like a harmless adventure, an educational experience and just plain fun for the girls has tuned into a lot of work for dear ole’ mom. These cute little critters are actually fluffy pooping machines. The girls named the new additions to our family: fluffy, Laine, and Sarah Grace.


Since the ducks have arrived we have had a few mishaps.

The first being on the day of Brennan’s 9 month check up- yes that’s right I said 9 month. It is just so sad she is growing so fast. Anyways, while I was dressing Brennan, Bree and Blythe were letting their ducks out of the cage. This unfortunate event led to our late arrival at Dr. Garrett’s office. Leave it to the Walls’ crew to through off the good doctor’s schedule. I’m just glad their wasn’t anyone at home to enjoy watching me chase ducks in the driveway- an event I am sure was worthy of deep belly laughs!

The second unfortunate event involving the ducks nearly ended in tragedy. Aunt Astona wanted to see if they could swim so Ryan filled up a bucket in the yard and the girls and my nephew watched the ducks swim. When the ducks looked good and water logged we pulled them out and then…

Sarah Grace fell over. I screamed, “Ryan you killed the duck, get a towel”. Oh crap- her feet stick straight out and she goes stiff! Lord have mercy- we are about to have a ducky funeral! There are bubbles coming out of the nostrils on her beak. All I could think is- how am I supposed to explain this to the girls who are watching wide eyed!

After lots of towel time and the warmth of her sisters, fluffy and Laine, Sarah Grace thawed out and was back to her old self by the next morning.

Since that terrifying night the ducks have had no swim time and Ryan and I are eagerly waiting for their feathers to turn white so we can take them back to my brother. He lives at Lake Hartwell and the ducks will be making the lake their permanent residence as well.
(It looks like the ducks may be as ready to get away from those terrorizing twins as much as I am ready for them to move to the lake!) hehehe ;)

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Oh my gosh, that is hilarious! So glad Sarah Jane is ok. That would have been tragic!

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Me- well: I love God! I love people! I love my family! I love my husband! I love being a mom! I love having twins! I love my friends! I love children! I love teaching! I love my church! I love red wine! I love watching my children play! I love summer! I love the beach! I love bonfires! I love the lake! I love to laugh! I have the most wonderful husband- he takes care of me and helps me out when I over commit myself. I love being a mom- twins are great! I hate when people say, "I don't know how you do it!"- I just do what needs to be done. At the end of the day our house may not be clean and the clothes may not get folded and put away, but everyone is safe, fed, and loved. My friends- oh you mean the people I used to hang out with, but never see anymore! Yeah, I love them too. I have learned that God brings all kinds of people into our lives. Some of those people are great friends while you are in school, some are great friends while you are in college, and some are great friends at work or church. Then there are the few- the special friends that stick around for a lifetime. I am so blessed to have so many lifetimers!!!