Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Laughing with Our Little Ladies

So I’ve decided to journal some of the sassiness, craziness, and cuteness of our girls. My grandmother tells me that, “everyone’s kettle is the blackest”. You may agree with her philosophy and think my stories are not all that great and a little annoying, but just don’t tell me. So here it goes-

“Laughing with Our Little Ladies”

This afternoon while Brennan was napping I decided to take the girls outside with me to weed the flower beds and the garden. We were weeding the last section of flowers when I decided to cut some hydrangeas and calla lilies for our house. The girls held the flowers since my bucket was full of veggies from the garden.
Blythe held onto her bundle tightly stating, “I’m holding mine like a bouquet, Mom. One day I am going to have a husband and I will pick flowers and he will cook the steaks”.
Ummmm, is this what she thinks Ryan and I are like??? Hehehehehe- all steaks and flowers.
Bree pipes in as we are about to go inside, “yeah, I would marry Hayden [Gailey] if he would quit running from me”.
Ummmm, once again I don’t know how to respond…. so I try, “baby one day he will”.
Again her next comment leaves me speechless, “well mom, I can’t wait forever”.


4 comments:

our little family said...

hee hee hee.... so cute! Can't wait to love on those girls this year. please let me know how things are going!

Sarah said...

That is precious! Such smart girlies you have!

Garretts said...

hilarious! thanks for letting us laugh with your little ladies too!

Erin said...

so funny, kristin! your girls are adorable!

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Me- well: I love God! I love people! I love my family! I love my husband! I love being a mom! I love having twins! I love my friends! I love children! I love teaching! I love my church! I love red wine! I love watching my children play! I love summer! I love the beach! I love bonfires! I love the lake! I love to laugh! I have the most wonderful husband- he takes care of me and helps me out when I over commit myself. I love being a mom- twins are great! I hate when people say, "I don't know how you do it!"- I just do what needs to be done. At the end of the day our house may not be clean and the clothes may not get folded and put away, but everyone is safe, fed, and loved. My friends- oh you mean the people I used to hang out with, but never see anymore! Yeah, I love them too. I have learned that God brings all kinds of people into our lives. Some of those people are great friends while you are in school, some are great friends while you are in college, and some are great friends at work or church. Then there are the few- the special friends that stick around for a lifetime. I am so blessed to have so many lifetimers!!!