Thursday, June 9, 2011

Called

WOW! It’s been a long time since I’ve written here. I have this one serious post then I have tons of fun blog post to get up here hopefully by the first of next week!!!

Well, where have I been? For the year of 2010 I heard God calling me home. I tried to ignore him, but he just got louder. So for 2011 I am obeying. I am staying home- spending priceless time with my party of 5.

You see, I believe I was called to my husband. In bible school when I was about 12, my teacher told us we should pray for our future husband. She probably had no idea that any of us actually would, but I did. Not every day, but often I prayed that God would send my husband to me and that he would be so in love with God that that love would spill over into a love for me. Did it keep me from ever being heartbroken as a teenager? No. But, it did change the way I dated- I dated with purpose. My purpose was to please God with my choice; I wanted my will and his will to match.


In the end, I was called to Ryan. What a life we have had! I have almost been with him ½ of my life. He is my other ½ in so many ways so it makes me sad to say that for so long I had separated myself from him. Not literally, but there was me and God, me and my friends, me and my work/obligations/Bible studies, me and my kids, me and my family and me and Ryan.


What? Am I so comfortable with him that I just assume he’s ok being in last place? Is it ok that he always gets whatever is leftover of me?


No- it’s not ok. And even more than that- it’s not ok to ignore God when you can hear him say- “GO HOME”.


So…. I went home- to my husband. Not to my kids, specifically to my husband, falling back under his leadership and guidance. Yeah, I know this sounds a little 1950ish, but submission is the will of God for wives. Wow- it’s hard, especially in our society, but submitting to Ryan brings me more safety and security than the entire United States Armed Forces.


And….


We have had the best time. We have worked on community service projects together, taken over leadership of a community group, spent time with my Grandmother (who, by the way is getting closer and closer to meeting Jesus), GONE ON DATES, gone on trips, in the process of going through Tres Dias, and in less than 2 weeks we are going on a CRUISE- without children!


What has my obedience done for our marriage? Well, I already knew I was married to the sweetest man on earth because no matter how busy I was and how little time I spent with him he NEVER complained. So, really could it get any better, cloud he get any kinder? All I can say is my God is so sweet to me, he has called me to this man that I swear I do not deserve. Ryan continues to want to please me, he keeps buying me gifts and taking me out. If he keeps it up I may never stray again. As far as God and I are concerned, we are finally at peace.  By staying focused on God, soaking him up, and growing in his grace- I will be good for my husband. I heard God call me home, listened to him, and obeyed him. In case you don’t know, whenever you obey God- no matter how hard it is- the reward is ALWAYS GREAT! Greatness is what Ryan and I have and GREAT is our future together.


Ephesians 5:23-32
For the husband is the head of the wife as Christ is the head of the church, his body, of which he is the Savior. Now as the church submits to Christ, so also wives should submit to their husbands in everything.
Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her to make her holy, cleansing her by the washing with water through the word, and to present her to himself as a radiant church, without stain or wrinkle or any other blemish, but holy and blameless. In this same way, husbands ought to love their wives as their own bodies. He who loves his wife loves himself. After all, no one ever hated their own body, but they feed and care for their body, just as Christ does the church— for we are members of his body. “For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh.” This is a profound mystery—but I am talking about Christ and the church.

2 comments:

thehollandfamily said...

I think I really needed to read this. Wow at what God is doing in your life. So excited for you and Ryan. I too have been with Scott half of my life but this convicted me on how often I come home but not to my husband. What a great post! If it had anything to do with deserving then none of us would have anything. I did something similar to tres dias called Chrysalis. The youth version of Emmaus. It was a great experience and I hope it is for you and Ryan as well. Thanks for writing this I needed the conviction. And enjoy your cruise you deserve it.

Garretts said...

love this post, kristin! i was just thinking of you today and how much i miss seeing you. what a great reminder of what God has called us to do...be our spouse's helpmate.

can't wait to hear about the cruise! you surely deserve it!

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Me- well: I love God! I love people! I love my family! I love my husband! I love being a mom! I love having twins! I love my friends! I love children! I love teaching! I love my church! I love red wine! I love watching my children play! I love summer! I love the beach! I love bonfires! I love the lake! I love to laugh! I have the most wonderful husband- he takes care of me and helps me out when I over commit myself. I love being a mom- twins are great! I hate when people say, "I don't know how you do it!"- I just do what needs to be done. At the end of the day our house may not be clean and the clothes may not get folded and put away, but everyone is safe, fed, and loved. My friends- oh you mean the people I used to hang out with, but never see anymore! Yeah, I love them too. I have learned that God brings all kinds of people into our lives. Some of those people are great friends while you are in school, some are great friends while you are in college, and some are great friends at work or church. Then there are the few- the special friends that stick around for a lifetime. I am so blessed to have so many lifetimers!!!