Monday, May 17, 2010

I posted several weeks ago that Blythe and Bree have turned 4, which means they had a PARTY! We’ve been so busy the past couple of weeks that I haven’t had the chance to write about all the fun! We started planning in February; they went back in forth between a tea party and a mermaid party. Finally, the girls settled on a mermaid party, which turned out to be a splash! Since their birthday fell on a Saturday we partied all day.


Their day started early with a message in a bottle from a mermaid, whishing them a happy birthday. Then, we quickly got dressed, so we could have breakfast at Stoney’s with Grandmommy and Granddaddy. Breakfast didn’t take as long as I thought it would- the mermaids were too excited to eat. Instead of eating they spilled their milk on me; consequently we finished up and headed over to the aquatic center to set up for their party. At the aquatic center Blythe and Bree played with their friends and made sand art (with pixie sticks so they could eat it), painted seashells, ate pizza and cake, and of course swam. Needless to say our 4 year old mermaids were waterlogged after that exciting day, but there was no napping once they got home. They talked non-stop and played with all their gifts. Since we still had family in town we ate dinner at El Camp. Then, FINALLY the tide went out and so did the girls.








*****I have to tell*****

Blythe said the sweetest thing to me while we were picking up a few things at Wal-mart the day before the party. I think I melted into a puddle in aisle 7!


Blythe: "mom, lots of moms wouldn't do all this stuff, that's why you are good".
Me: "Thanks; is that your way of saying thank you?"
Blythe: "nope, that's just my way of saying I love you.

Yes, I cried! It’s not very often that our children notice our efforts and especially at 4 years old.



3 comments:

Sarah said...

So sweet! What a great party idea too. It's going by too fast, isn't it?!

Kim said...

Sounds like a fun, wet day! Blythe's comment nearly made me cry! So sweet!

Tiffany said...

I love it! Blythe is so thoughtful. I DON'T know a mom that would do that with pixie sticks! You are pretty amazing!

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Me- well: I love God! I love people! I love my family! I love my husband! I love being a mom! I love having twins! I love my friends! I love children! I love teaching! I love my church! I love red wine! I love watching my children play! I love summer! I love the beach! I love bonfires! I love the lake! I love to laugh! I have the most wonderful husband- he takes care of me and helps me out when I over commit myself. I love being a mom- twins are great! I hate when people say, "I don't know how you do it!"- I just do what needs to be done. At the end of the day our house may not be clean and the clothes may not get folded and put away, but everyone is safe, fed, and loved. My friends- oh you mean the people I used to hang out with, but never see anymore! Yeah, I love them too. I have learned that God brings all kinds of people into our lives. Some of those people are great friends while you are in school, some are great friends while you are in college, and some are great friends at work or church. Then there are the few- the special friends that stick around for a lifetime. I am so blessed to have so many lifetimers!!!