Tuesday, September 28, 2010

99.9%

So a couple of weeks ago Ryan and I celebrated out 7 year anniversary- yes a milestone totally worthy of it’s own blog post. However, right before I was about to post I decided to take “the test”- yep that one. Before I go any further I have to tell you that Ryan and I were not trying, in fact I have an IUD in place to prevent such an occurrence. Are we totally opposed to having a 4th? Na, but the birth of our 3rd is in our recent past and we are not mentally or physically ready. Are we totally sure we want a 4th? Na, life is finally starting to settle since #3 has reached the 1 year milestone and thought of backtracking so soon is a little unsettling.

Negative- the test was negative. The results were however were irrelevant to a women who’s been in “that” condition a total of 7 times. There is absolutely no mistaking the symptoms.

So on the first day of our 8th year of marriage I take test #2- positive. See I told you- positive. There was no mistaking- this is really going to be my 8th time to be in “that” condition.

What are the odds?-
Less than 8 in 1,000 to be exact. (According to the Mirena pamphlet.)

I could buy 1,000 lotto tickets and none of them would be winners, but Ryan and I can bat eyes at each other and I can get lucky!

I really should take the time to blog about the day Bree and Blythe were conceived- it’s pretty comical- much like the rest of our lives. But, anyways on that day the nurse told me that Ryan was the biggest depositor she had seen in a long time and ALL of his swimmers were usable. –APARENTLY- something she doesn’t get to see very often. CLEARLY- this must still be the case since they seem to have bypassed the plastic thinga magigger in their way.

Subsequently, I took 10 more test all of which were positive. ***Note- The Equate brand pregnancy tests are very good at picking up the slightest traces of hcg.

Being in the state of shock I was in my weekend was flooded in tears and anticipation for Tuesday- the day my new blood work would be back.

It is over- I am no longer in “that” condition.

Perception- really is all that changed.
I am ready for #4?
Will it just be #4 or could it mean #4, #5, and #6?
God must really want me to have #4 if he knocked down the little plastic barricades.
Do I want #4 or do I want to wear a belt again? -I haven’t worn one since #1 & #2 came along.
Can my “dumb” cervix make it through #4? –I mean my incompetent cervix.
Can I raise #4?
Can I be faithful in prayer for #4?
Do I have what it takes to teach #4 to love Jesus?
Will I have what it takes to discipline consistently and gently?
I might actually have to drive a mini van…
Will Ryan and I be able to give #4 the opportunities they deserve?
What does God require of a mother of 4 little disciples?
Will #4 make my butt grow like #1, 2, and 3 did?
I just want a boob job and a tummy tuck- can they do that when they do my c-section?
I thought we were going to start doing mission trips as a family- I mean I wanted you to send us out God!!
Is this home my mission field? Or is that what cop-outs resort to? –“Oh my home is my mission.”
Maybe my mission is being a mother- maybe our children are your “chosen generation”…

Perception. Is that all that has changed or have our hearts changed, mine and Ryan’s?
I can’t help, but to think of all the ladies in the bible who prayed for children- Sarah, Hannah, Rachel and how I used to relate to them. How many doctors told me my endometriosis was too severe and I may have problems conceiving. Each of these biblical mothers desired children and in God’s time they were blessed and blessed abundantly.

Abundance- that is the God I serve, a God of abundance.

So what does that mean for our family? I don’t know- ask God. But, right now- we are a family of five (that still use bc) who worship a God of abundance.


3 comments:

Garretts said...

glad to hear from you. with all you have experienced and endured the last few weeks, i'm sure it was a wonder where to start back.

a beautiful and thought-provoking post. perceptions and perspective can change so quickly, which makes me thankful our God is never changing. thanks for reminding me of His faithfulness.

Lindsey Brackett said...

What a roller coaster of emotions. I feel your pain--how hard it is to admit that you may not want/be ready/need to have another #. Thanks for sharing and for reflecting and for glorifying God's plan in everything whether it's as a family of 5 or 6 or 7.

Kim said...

What a beautiful post, Kristin. It's so comforting to know that whatever happens, it's just part of God's plan for us and it all happens in His time.

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Me- well: I love God! I love people! I love my family! I love my husband! I love being a mom! I love having twins! I love my friends! I love children! I love teaching! I love my church! I love red wine! I love watching my children play! I love summer! I love the beach! I love bonfires! I love the lake! I love to laugh! I have the most wonderful husband- he takes care of me and helps me out when I over commit myself. I love being a mom- twins are great! I hate when people say, "I don't know how you do it!"- I just do what needs to be done. At the end of the day our house may not be clean and the clothes may not get folded and put away, but everyone is safe, fed, and loved. My friends- oh you mean the people I used to hang out with, but never see anymore! Yeah, I love them too. I have learned that God brings all kinds of people into our lives. Some of those people are great friends while you are in school, some are great friends while you are in college, and some are great friends at work or church. Then there are the few- the special friends that stick around for a lifetime. I am so blessed to have so many lifetimers!!!